Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 15 - Rest day

Today I was treated to a session with a minor miracle worker. Alan Elliott MBE is friends with parts of my family since his school days. He offered a physio session for me not only free but he also donated to the appeal.

When I went in to see Alan I had very restricted movement in my legs, ankles, hips as well as the continuing pain in my Achilles tendons. When I left my tendons felt 90% back to 'normal', my range of movement elsewhere restored to how it was before I started this challenge. Amazing work for which I can't thank him enough.

On a sadder note tomorrow I leave Gloucestershire for the last time during this challenge which means leaving my family behind. It's been a long time since I've seen everyone from here and I'm so happy to have had the chance to see everyone. They've all been brilliant to me. Thank you for being there for me. You've turned my frown upside down!

The route all the way to Jedburgh has all but been decided. Tomorrow I'll be in Bewdley, Tuesday in Featherstone, Wednesday in Abbots Bromley, Thursday undecided but heading towards Chapel-En-Le-Frith for Friday. Next weekends stop is yet to be decided.

4 comments:

  1. HEEEEEEEEAAAD!!!!!

    No comments to the rest day?! What's going on. Just catching up on the progress. The good news is you are fast approaching God's country - the West Midlands. Keep going mate, you have a lot of support you don't even know about. We know you'll make it. Love from Prague.

    Stu & V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a pleasure to help out and hope we have instilled in you the belief that you can achieve your goal. Enjoy the scenery along the way.We wish you all the very best. from all in the Forest at The Sycamores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a nutter!
    Hope you are enjoying the challenge...enjoy Bewdley and if you can find the Holy Family Church then pop in as it was where Becky and I were married just over 7 years ago. Where will you be at the weekend as we are heading up to Manchester and then travelling down the M6 to Brum on Sunday...perhaps we can see you en route? Can you let me have your mobile number (not sure I have the right one in my phone!)...assuming you have it with you!

    Mark & Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi an amazing rest day,and ALAN certainly earned another medal on Sunday eh, now on and upward with the knowledge that you have so many friends and family with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete