Friday 5 August 2011

Day 6 - Lewdown to Zeal Monachorum (just under 22 miles)

Today was TOUGH! I woke with painful achillies tendon in my right foot and I've ended the day with heavily swollen ankles and feet due to heat bumps. Who said this was going to be easy? Oh that's right... no one.

I said goodbye to my rocks of support Claire and Darren today and I'm truly solo. I don't mind telling you it was hard emotionally. They've been brilliant these first few days and I can't thank them enough. When I finish it will be because of them.

I saw a group of 17 cyclists taking a break in a lay-by. Full support crew including a massage table! They offered me food and drink and told me they had come from John O'Groats 8 days earlier. They looked in good shape. Not sure I'll be looking the same when I'm 100 miles from the end. I did take heart that they said it is hillier in Devon than anywhere else on their travels which will be a god send.

I think in total I've dine approx 117miles but tomorrow will have to be a short day and a stay in a B&B. I need to go and work out where I'll be. Anyone know any cheap ones 10 miles east of Zeal Monachorum?

Ciao for now. Sorry it's a lame update but pain is taking precedence.

4 comments:

  1. hey there sounds like a very hard day for you mentally as well as physically. Told you Devon was hardish ?? dont know any cheap BB s sorry wish i culd help. Your doing so well and its amazing how far you have travelled so far. Soon be in sommerset and Bridgeport which is nice. Just read about your marathons!!! that takes stamina keep it up. Read more tomorrow cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruv. still here!! You know the score mate, I'm with you all the way - I just wish I could take your pain away to make the next day easier. Keep on Keeping on. Adie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THE VERY BEST DAIMON,LIKE YOUR BLOG VERY MUCH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darren & Claire5 August 2011 at 23:39

    Keep up the great pace, enjoy the well deserved b&b. We will be with you for every mile ( well in mind anyway!)

    ReplyDelete