Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 10 - W Taunton to Burnham-on-sea (21 miles approx)

Phil "The Power" Taylor steps up and throws his first dart... Treble top! His second goes in... Treble top again! (camera zooms in to the treble top). Phil unleashes his third... ONE HUNDRED AN' EEEEEIIIGHTY!!

That's the same as the amount of miles I've completed in total after 10 days. Things are going okay but painfully okay. My ankles are flaring up so much they think they're back in the 60's. Aside from the pain though it's been a steady 21 and a bit miles today.

The good people of Greenacre park have given me a pitch gratis for the night. I pitched immediately and went to ask my new neighbours where the shower block was. During 'normal' conversation now I find myself explaining the purpose of my journey. This time was no different. I led myself away from the nice neighbours and headed for a freshen up.

I emerged cleansed! As I walked back to my pitch the husband of the neighbours intercepted me and asked if I fancied a brew. I nearly tore his arm off. That cuppa has never tasted so good!

I was now changed and ready for food. My next question for the neighbours was where I could get sustenance from. "nearest place is ASDA, down there" and they pointed the direction I had walked in. So off I set with my leg muscles feeling like they were made of iron. Walking was hard. I didn't recall an ASDA but I kept going. A mile and a half later I was ferreting through aisles like a man possessed. My 'lite bite' selection not looking so lite I headed back to basecamp, chopping as I went. It was very clear my eyes had out sized my belly so for the kind gesture of tea the neighbours received melon chunks. A good deal done I've headed to bed!

By the end of tomorrow I should have Bristol in my sights.

6 comments:

  1. A.Jen and U.Rog9 August 2011 at 21:39

    Come on butty, your nearly in sight of some very familiar faces who will be delighted to give you sustenance and a bed and as much hot water as you require.Us Foresters are a funny bread but the welcome is always waiting. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are SOME nice people out there, good that you are finding some of them eh? Yet another great blog, perhaps you could consider giving up IT and become an author!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you nearly there, yet? !!

    Good luck, Daimon, for the rest of your journey.
    What a fantastic achievement it will be.

    Well done !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brill blog ... totally agree about you becoming an author. They are really great funny blogs. Shame your in such pan but the thought of you having to walk back to asda from where you had come was just so cruel !!! cindy
    cindy@cindyferguson.wanadoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. such pain not PAN !!! cornish spelling that is me luv !!!

    ReplyDelete