Saturday 30 July 2011

Heading to Cornwall.

It's early... Well it was early when I woke. Today we head for Cornwall. En route I'll be dropping my daughter off with her Mum at the Leigh Delamere services. Never a nice time saying goodbye to Delyth and it's making the knot in my stomach worse.

I'm super excited about the off but also I have the "pre race nerves" that I've only ever experienced before Marathons. Nail biting time!

I have a fully loaded Osprey Exos 46 ruck sack bought from Snow & Rock at Harrods. The very engaging sales assistant, Marta Gut, also advised me well on base layers with their 'non-stink' technology(!) thank you Marta they will come in useful considering clothing is being kept to a minimum.

The Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 explorer maps I have purchased from Dash4it all turned up on time but will no way all fit in my pack so I'll be looking for delivery points for future maps.

Thanks to Nigel Hunt who I purchased the Terra Nova Laser Competition tent from on eBay. Nigel ensured speedy delivery of a near brand new item that I am extremely grateful for.

My Brother and his wife will be walking with and supporting me (respectively) for the first few days. This is brilliant as I don't feel alone for the start. Thanks you two.

Signing off to get some travelling zZ's while I can!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Daimon, superb thing you're doing here mate!
    When do you intend to be anywhere near sunny Glasgow (it is actually sunny at the moment!)

    Good Luck mate
    D

    ReplyDelete