Other learning included:
- "Public footpath" does not necessarily mean MANAGED footpath and are best avoided on rainy days. Carrying thick soil with you does not help.
- Ordnance survey maps at 1:25,000 scale are awesome! And our map reading skills improved massively today.
- Cobble stones that are wet and on a slope of more that 5 degrees should be banned! They turn to the consistency of ice.
- A program of 5 miles, rest, 5 miles, rest, 5 miles, rest, 5 miles should be the most effective way of staving off muscle pain.
- Carrying 3 stone on your back is not like running a marathon. Different muscle groups hurt and the mental challenge changes hourly.